Sclerotherapy for Hand Rejuvenation is a highly effective and minimally invasive procedure offered at Premier Vein Clinic by Dr. David Naar, a renowned expert in the field of vein health. This innovative treatment targets unsightly veins that may appear on the hands, providing patients with cosmetically appealing and youthful-looking hands.
Prominent veins can be a source of self-consciousness and can age the appearance of our hands. Factors such as genetics, age, sun exposure, and hormonal changes can contribute to the development of these visible veins. Fortunately, sclerotherapy offers a non-surgical solution to address these concerns.
Dr. Naar’s expertise as a renowned vascular surgeon allows him to customize each sclerotherapy treatment to meet the unique needs and goals of his patients. With his careful technique and extensive knowledge of vein health, he ensures optimal results while minimizing any discomfort or downtime associated with the procedure.
At Premier Vein Clinic, we prioritize patient comfort and satisfaction. Our state-of-the-art facility in Westlake, Ohio provides a welcoming environment for your sclerotherapy treatment. Dr. Naar and his dedicated team are committed to delivering exceptional care, ensuring that you achieve the aesthetic improvement you desire.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Naar a by calling (440) 641-0433. We will be delighted to assist you in taking the first step towards achieving cosmetically appealing and youthful-looking hands.
- 1 About Hand Rejuvenation
- 2 Benefits of Sclerotherapy
- 3 Candidates for Hand Rejuvenation
- 4 Personal Consultation
- 5 Sclerotherapy Procedure
- 6 Results
- 7 Cost of Hand Rejuvenation in Westlake
- 8 FAQ
- 9 References
About Hand Rejuvenation
The hands, although often overlooked, play a significant role in our overall appearance. But as we age, the skin on our hands can lose its elasticity and become thin, revealing veins and creating a less youthful appearance. A condition known as dermatoperosis describes the way that skin becomes more fragile as we age, (1) causing an almost translucent parchment paper-like effect, through which bruising and veins appear markedly noticeable.
Although there are some quick fixes to resolve these issues, such as the use of temporary dermal fillers, some veins on the dorsal (back of the) hand remain visible, even after treatment. With sclerotherapy, patients can reduce the appearance of these veins permanently.
What is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a non-surgical treatment that involves the injection of a specialized solution into the targeted veins. The solution, known as a sclerosant, is a fluid that causes a controlled injury to targeted tissues, (2) such as the prominent veins of the hands. This solution irritates the lining of the veins, causing them to collapse and ultimately be resorbed by the body. The procedure is performed in the comfort of Dr Naar’s office, and there is minimal discomfort associated with the injections.
The primary uses of sclerotherapy are in the treatment of the following. (3)
Benefits of Sclerotherapy
- Improved skin texture and tone: Sclerotherapy stimulates collagen production, resulting in smoother, more youthful-looking skin on the hands. The treatment helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots, promoting a vibrant and even complexion.
- Reduction in the appearance of veins and bulging: Prominent veins and bulging can be a common concern as we age. Sclerotherapy effectively targets these visible veins, causing them to shrink and fade away. By improving the overall vascular appearance of the hands, this treatment restores a more aesthetically pleasing look.
- Youthful-looking hands: Sclerotherapy provides a transformative effect, giving your hands a rejuvenated and youthful appearance. By addressing multiple signs of aging, such as thinning skin, volume loss, and prominent veins, your hands can regain their natural beauty and vitality.
- Enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem: Aging hands can often make individuals feel self-conscious or insecure. Through Sclerotherapy, Dr. Naar helps restore your confidence by revitalizing your hands’ appearance. You can enjoy the renewed sense of self-assurance that comes with having youthful-looking hands.
- Increased circulation and improved blood flow: Sclerotherapy promotes healthy blood circulation in the hands, enhancing overall hand function and flexibility. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who experience discomfort or pain associated with prominent veins.
- Fast, minimally-invasive procedure: Sclerotherapy for hand rejuvenation is usually a quick process. Typically, a treatment session will take under one hour to complete.
- Long-lasting results for hand rejuvenation: The results achieved through Sclerotherapy are long-lasting, providing you with beautifully rejuvenated hands for an extended period. Dr. Naar’s expertise ensures that your outcome is natural-looking, ensuring your satisfaction for years to come.
Candidates for Hand Rejuvenation
Sclerotherapy for hand rejuvenation candidates are individuals who are concerned about the appearance of veins on the backs of their hands. This procedure is especially beneficial for those looking to improve the overall aesthetic of their hands without undergoing invasive surgical procedures.
You should not undergo any form of sclerotherapy in the following circumstances. (4)
- If you are pregnant
- If you are allergic to the sclerosing agent
- If you have an infection
- If you have Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- If you have severe arterial disease
During your personal consultation session, Dr. Naar will take the time to understand your unique concerns and goals for hand rejuvenation. He will review your medical history and discuss any symptoms or concerns you may have regarding your hands, such as visible veins or age spots. This comprehensive approach allows Dr. Naar to tailor the treatment specifically to your needs.
One of the main aspects of our consultation is discussing the sclerotherapy treatment itself. Dr. Naar will explain the procedure in detail, addressing any questions or concerns you may have. Sclerotherapy involves injecting a safe and effective solution into the targeted veins to shrink them and gradually fade their appearance. By doing so, this minimally invasive procedure can significantly improve the overall appearance of your hands.
Additionally, Dr. Naar will evaluate your hand’s condition during the consultation. He will examine the veins, skin elasticity, and overall volume to determine the most suitable approach for your hand rejuvenation.
To enhance your comfort during the procedure, topical anesthesia may be applied to numb the area being treated. This helps to minimize any potential discomfort associated with the injections. Before beginning the injections, Dr. Naar will carefully map out the veins on your hands to ensure accurate placement of the solution. This meticulous approach ensures that all problematic veins are addressed effectively. During the sclerotherapy procedure, Dr. Naar gently injects a specialized sclerosant solution into the affected veins, causing them to collapse and fade away over time. This solution works by irritating the lining of the blood vessels, leading to the formation of scar tissue. As the scar tissue develops, it closes off the treated vein, rerouting blood flow to healthier veins. The result is improved blood circulation and a significant reduction in the appearance of veins, leaving behind smooth and rejuvenated hands.
Following the procedure, you may experience some mild swelling, bruising, or discomfort in the treated area. This is normal and should subside within a few days. To aid in your recovery, we recommend wearing compression gloves as directed by Dr. Naar. These garments will help reduce swelling and promote optimal healing.
It is important to avoid any strenuous activities or heavy lifting for a few days after the procedure. This will allow your body to properly heal and minimize the risk of complications. However, you can typically resume your daily activities within a day or two.
Visible results from sclerotherapy for hand rejuvenation can usually be seen within a few weeks. The treated veins will gradually fade and become less noticeable, resulting in a more youthful and refreshed appearance for your hands. It is important to note that multiple treatment sessions may be necessary to achieve optimal results, depending on the severity of your condition.
Cost of Hand Rejuvenation in Westlake
The cost associated with sclerotherapy for hand rejuvenation will vary depending on several factors. At Premier Vein Clinic, we understand that each patient is unique and requires a personalized treatment plan. Our skilled and experienced vascular surgeon, Dr. David Naar, will assess your specific needs during a comprehensive consultation.
To learn more about hand rejuvenation through sclerotherapy at Premier Vein Clinic, please contact us at (440) 641-0433 or complete a simple form for more information. Our friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have and assist you in scheduling a consultation with Dr. Naar.
Read more about the treatment of varicose veins, spider veins and reticular veins on Dr. Naar’s blog.
How can I get rid of raised veins on the backs of my hands?
One of the most effective minimally-invasive procedures to get rid of unsightly veins in the backs of the hands is sclerotherapy. This procedure involves injecting a specialized solution directly into the targeted veins, causing them to collapse and fade away over time. It is an effective non-surgical option for improving the appearance of aged hands.
Is sclerotherapy painful?
Most patients report minimal discomfort during sclerotherapy for hand rejuvenation. In most cases, your surgeon will minimize discomfort by providing topical numbing.
- Dyer JM, Miller RA. Chronic Skin Fragility of Aging. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2018;11(1):13-18. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5788262/#:~:text=With%20age%2C%20skin%20becomes%20thinner
- Albanese G, Kondo K. Pharmacology of Sclerotherapy. Seminars in Interventional Radiology. 2010;27(04):391-399. doi:https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0030-1267848
- Rabe E, Breu FX, Flessenkämper I, et al. Sclerotherapy in the treatment of varicose veins. Der Hautarzt. 2020;72(S2):23-36. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s00105-020-04705-0
- Worthington-Kirsch RL. Injection Sclerotherapy. Seminars in Interventional Radiology. 2005;22(3):209-217. doi:https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2005-921954